The International Convention is the highest decision-making body of KOLPING INTERNATIONAL. All important issues concerning the Association shall be dealt with at the International Convention.
The International Convention shall take place every six years. The convention consists of the members of the International Board of Directors and of delegates from the National Associations. Kolping Families without a National Association are entitled to send one delegate per country.
The International Convention deals, amongst other things, with the following issues:
- decision-making on the Program and the International Constitution,
- acceptance of the report of the International Executive Board,
- acceptance of the report of the International Board of Directors,
- acceptance of the report on the economic development of KOLPING INTERNATIONAL, its legal entities and facilities,
- acceptance of the report of the International Finance Committee,
- supporting the actions of the International Executive Board and the International Board of Directors,
- deliberation and adoption of proposed resolutions.