The Supervisory Committee of KOLPING INTERNATIONAL Cooperation e.V. is elected by the Membership Meeting. According to the statutes, persons with expertise in economics, development policy and association policy should be considered for election.
The tasks of the Supervisory Committee include
- the receipt of reports from the ombudsperson,
- monitoring the decisions of the Membership Meeting,
- the control of the budget,
- the verification of the fiduciary use of donations and
- the proposal of the auditing company to the Membership Meeting.
The Supervisory Committee receives all minutes of the Executive Board and the Membership Meeting as well as all other information requested. It reports to both bodies about its work and suggests changes if necessary.
All members of the Supervisory Committee carry out their work on an honorary basis and without remuneration.
At the Membership Meeting in Bensberg on October 12, 2019, the following persons were elected to the Supervisory Committee:
- Ágnes Kaiserné Jósvai (KOLPING Hungary)
- Peter Jung (Managing Director KOLPING Switzerland)
- Ted Wilke (KOLPING USA)
- Thorsten Schulz (KOLPING Germany)
- Markus Lange (KOLPING Germany)
- Martin Wilde
The members of the Supervisory Committee also form the International Finance Committee of KOLPING INTERNATIONAL according to Art. 56 of the International Constitution. It reports to the International Board of Directors and the International Convention on the administration and finances of all legal entities of KOLPING INTERNATIONAL. Chairman of the International Finance Committee is Thorsten Schulz, Vice Chairman is Markus Lange.